There are many obstacles that neurodivergent people face with a lack of accommodations and awareness. That doesn’t mean we can’t laugh at the situations we find ourselves in from time to time… they say laughter is the best medicine after all.
That’s why we’ve put together our highest rated memes from social media that will either make you laugh - or cry. Feel free to share them with other neurodivergent folk (or you boss if you’re brave enough).
1. When you want to be Lisa Simpson, but really you’re Ralph Wiggum.
2. When it comes disclosing whether you are neurodivergent at work and you only have one of two options.
3. When the one thing that makes your heart beat faster is noise-cancelling headphones.
4. When someone verbally explains a task to you, but your communication style is the written format.
5. When you’re being productive but evil Kermit comes along and seduces you with his distractions.
6. When you get distracted and then hyperfocus kicks in and you spend way too much time on the wrong task.
7. When instructions come to you in bulk text and you spend more time sifting through the email than you do on the task itself.
8. When you see a job you’d like to apply for but it requires a face-to-face interview.
9. When someone asks you a question after you’ve been wondering what baby pigeons look like for the past five minutes.
10. When you become a free member of Neurodiversity Media’s Resource Library.
For more neurodiversity memes follow us on Instagram. To access all our resources for neurodivergents at work, sign up as a free member of our Resource Library.
Neurodiversity Media acknowledges the traditional country throughout Australia on which we gather, live, work and stand. We acknowledge all traditional custodians, their Elders past, present and emerging and we pay our respects to their continuing connection to their culture, community, land, sea and rivers.